Department of Advanced Training and Advisory Services
…linking resources, developing careers
The Department of Advanced Training and Advisory Services (DATAS) facilitates the Human Capital Development Policy for Tobago through the Tobago House of Assembly’s (THA) Financial Assistance Programme. DATAS has the responsibility for the administration of bursaries, grants and scholarships to residents of Tobago who wish to pursue or are pursuing tertiary /post-secondary education.
To decrease financial barriers to tertiary education experienced by residents of Tobago.
- To serve specific human resource objectives
- To promote equity in tertiary enrollment for residents of Tobago
- To ease students’ financial difficulties during studies
- To provide students with financial independence
- To enhance persistence
- To encourage and engender a spirit of volunteerism
- Financial Assistance
- Career and Financial Guidance
- Advisory Services and Post Training Placement Support.
By linking resources, developing careers the Department of Advanced Training and Advisory Services (DATAS) wants to share with you the challenges, fears and the successes of some of our awardees as a testimony of their journey.
Your academic training prepares you for a wide range of exciting opportunities, this can propel you to discover your future career.
TYPES OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
This type of financial assistance is awarded based on need and or merit of the applicant pursuing programmes with the duration of a year or more.
This type of financial assistance is awarded to individuals seeking limited financial assistance that is urgent and cannot be accommodated within the parameters of the bursary. This award caters to programmes no longer than one (1) year and does not exceed TTD10,000.00.
This type of financial assistance is awarded on the basis of academic ability, achievement and promise.
To Apply, click any of the following links below:
Financial Assistance may be awarded to cover:
- living expenses
- transportation (air or sea on a reimbursement basis)
- tuition (where applicable)
- other costs approved by the THA, intended to cover the period or part thereof
Telephone: (868) 299-0781 ext. 3086 – 3093
Fax: (868) 635-0961
For inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org